We’re slowly figuring out Vienna: wine houses (heurigans), opera tickets, city views from cafe’s up on the hilltops, and ice skating. There is the best ice skating set up I have ever seen in front of the town hall (until mid-March) with 3 rinks and trails of ice between.
- Our recent ideas for making travel journaling fun at Uncommonchildhood.com. Math, poetry, and more
- Skiing in Austria with the Family. What's different than in the US? Our experiences and tips for family ski fun at wesaidgotravel.com
- Our Adventures Traveling with Kids in Tacoma WA! On WanderingEducators.com
- Cross-cultural Staycations
- Visiting India the Virtual Way on MulticuturalKidBlogs
- Postcard from Leavenworth on Wandering Educators
- Making ice cream educational in Boston's North End – Gelato and science
- World's Cheapest Travel Destinations – A Book Review
- Postcard from Rattlesnake Lake on Wandering Educators
- Where does the wind blow through the willows? Hot cocoa, long walks, and more
- See your own city through the eyes of a tourist
- Local Seattle Getaways on Technorati
- Our story via e-interview with the whole family
- Our Top 10 Things to Bring on a Trip with Kids at WanderingEducators.com
- 10 Travel Tips for Moms
Bill Richards and Ashley Steel are the authors of "Family on the Loose: The Art of Traveling with Kids", from Rumble Books. The book is packed with bulleted lists of travel tips, fill-in pages for packing and journaling, ideas for inflight entertainment, strategies for browsing museums with kids, and much more. It is unlike other family travel books in that it is not about where to go. "Family on the Loose: The Art of Traveling with Kids" details how to make any family trip smarter and more fun!
The book has received terrific reviews on travel blogs, parenting blogs, Amazon and GoodReads. Book description, preview pages, review quotations, and links to full reviews are available on the book page of this site.
Bill and Ashley have two wonderful and well-traveled daughters. As a family, they’ve visited or lived in the USA, Canada, Japan, Italy, Spain, France, Austria, Slovakia, England, Hungary, Slovenia, Denmark, The Netherlands, and The Czech Republic. They've traveled by discount airline, overnight train, crowded bus, rental car, and camper van. They’ve slept in fancy hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campgrounds, with friends or family, and in rented apartments. They have all carried backpacks, squeezed into one family backpack, rolled suitcases, and even traveled without so much as a toothbrush.
Follow us on Twitter @familyonloose
Subscribe to our RSS Feed
Like us on Facebook to get neat stories about traveling with kids from other writers, fun photos, travel tips, "Where in the world is this?" pix, and links to our posts on other blogs