Looking for the perfect place to stay with your family? Explore Ayutthaya from affordable, interconnected rooms in Luang Chumni Village. We were offered no special promotion to review this wonderful guest house. We were simply lucky enough to stumble on it. OK, Bill found it on-line after a bit of research. I was simply lucky enough to be traveling with him. The “village” is a traditional Thai house surrounded by water and is tucked along a quiet street. It’s just a short walk from the famous statue of a Buddha head in a tree, nestled among exciting ruins. Ayutthaya was the capital of Thailand for 417 years and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site containing many temples and historic sites. Read more
- Postcard from Rattlesnake Lake on Wandering Educators
- Swimming with Sharks at the Pt Defiance Zoo
- Visiting India the Virtual Way on MulticuturalKidBlogs
- See your own city through the eyes of a tourist
- Teaching Kids About Religion by Traveling Around the World or Around the Block
- Toddlers to Teens: 7 Tips for Family Travel in Europe
- Cross-cultural Staycations
- Fly, Fly, Away: Twelve Activities to Keep Kids Entertained at Airports
- Making ice cream educational in Boston's North End – Gelato and science
- Best Gift Experiences from A to Z
- Postcard from Leavenworth on Wandering Educators
- Where does the wind blow through the willows? Hot cocoa, long walks, and more
- Top 10 Things for Families to Do in Washington State
- Our Adventures Traveling with Kids in Tacoma WA! On WanderingEducators.com
- Speed Travel: Twenty Quick Ways to Explore Other Cultures in the Seattle Area
Search Family on the Loose
We're on Instagram! Just follow "familyontheloose"
BEST TRAVEL PACK EVER
Bill Richards and Ashley Steel are the authors of "Family on the Loose: The Art of Traveling with Kids", from Rumble Books. The book is packed with bulleted lists of travel tips, fill-in pages for packing and journaling, ideas for inflight entertainment, strategies for browsing museums with kids, and much more. It is unlike other family travel books in that it is not about where to go. "Family on the Loose: The Art of Traveling with Kids" details how to make any family trip smarter and more fun!
Bill and Ashley have two wonderful and well-traveled daughters. As a family, they’ve visited or lived in the USA, Canada, Japan, Italy, Spain, France, Austria, Slovakia, England, Hungary, Slovenia, Denmark, The Netherlands, and The Czech Republic. They've traveled by discount airline, overnight train, crowded bus, rental car, and camper van. They’ve slept in fancy hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campgrounds, with friends or family, and in rented apartments. They have all carried backpacks, squeezed into one family backpack, rolled suitcases, and even traveled without so much as a toothbrush.
Like us on Facebook to get neat stories about traveling with kids from other writers, fun photos, travel tips, "Where in the world is this?" pix, and links to our posts on other blogs