- Making ice cream educational in Boston's North End – Gelato and science
- Speed Travel: Twenty Quick Ways to Explore Other Cultures in the Seattle Area
- Our family's Panama Adventures: Thanks to our Spanish Immersion Kids
- Fly, Fly, Away: Twelve Activities to Keep Kids Entertained at Airports
- Postcard from Leavenworth on Wandering Educators
- Toddlers to Teens: 7 Tips for Family Travel in Europe
- 10 Travel Tips for Moms
- Swimming with Sharks at the Pt Defiance Zoo
- World's Cheapest Travel Destinations – A Book Review
- Cross-Cultural Fun at Crossroads
- Best Gift Experiences from A to Z
- Postcard from Rattlesnake Lake on Wandering Educators
- See your own city through the eyes of a tourist
- Where does the wind blow through the willows? Hot cocoa, long walks, and more
- Our Adventures Traveling with Kids in Tacoma WA! On WanderingEducators.com
BEST TRAVEL PACK EVER
Search Family on the Loose
Bill Richards and Ashley Steel are the authors of "Family on the Loose: The Art of Traveling with Kids", from Rumble Books. The book is packed with bulleted lists of travel tips, fill-in pages for packing and journaling, ideas for inflight entertainment, strategies for browsing museums with kids, and much more. It is unlike other family travel books in that it is not about where to go. "Family on the Loose: The Art of Traveling with Kids" details how to make any family trip smarter and more fun!
Bill and Ashley have two wonderful and well-traveled daughters. As a family, they’ve visited or lived in the USA, Canada, Japan, Italy, Spain, France, Austria, Slovakia, England, Hungary, Slovenia, Denmark, The Netherlands, and The Czech Republic. They've traveled by discount airline, overnight train, crowded bus, rental car, and camper van. They’ve slept in fancy hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campgrounds, with friends or family, and in rented apartments. They have all carried backpacks, squeezed into one family backpack, rolled suitcases, and even traveled without so much as a toothbrush.
Like us on Facebook to get neat stories about traveling with kids from other writers, fun photos, travel tips, "Where in the world is this?" pix, and links to our posts on other blogs
We're on Instagram! Just follow "familyontheloose"